Guardian Electrical Compliance Ltd is one of the UK’s leading providers of electrical safety services, specifically the inspection and testing of fixed installations. Successful applicants will be required to work anywhere within the UK and should therefore expect to work away from their home address on an occasional basis.
- Good sound electrical knowledge, for testing and installation works.
- Extensive knowledge of single and three-phase fault finding and 1st-time fixes.
- To carry out electrical repairs / minor works on variety types of LV installations.
- To assess and order parts and equipment necessary for individual tasks.
- To liaise with the Remedials/Operations Supervisor for planned and routine maintenance programme and reporting procedures.
- To work to recognised industry standards at all times.
- To maintain records of all work, and that required paperwork is completed and sent in within the defined timescales.
- To participate in flexible working hours which may require occasionally staying away from home, weekend work, and travel may be required away from your home area.
- To undertake training as required to perform the duties of the role, including health and safety courses and further trade development to maintain current knowledge and professional qualifications (Continued Professional Development).
- Ability to act on own initiative.
Ability to work as alone or part of a team to carry out Electrical Remedial Works in a safe and unobtrusive manner minimising the impact on our client’s normal operations, whilst achieving the required work volume and output required by the company. Successful candidates should possess a good working knowledge of current electrical legislation, regulations and standards and have a proven track record of working in 24-hour operational environments.
The role requires a person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good IT skills would be advantageous but not essential as training will be provided to produce legible, accurate and concise reports. Successful applicants will be required to work anywhere within the UK and should therefore expect to work away from their home address on an occasional basis.
- Recognised time served electrical apprenticeship, in Contracting, Maintenance or Mining, supported by the relevant qualification at that time.
- IET, BS7671:2018, 18thEdition Wiring Regulations, qualification.
- C&G Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, 2391 – 2400 preferable but not essential.
- CSCS Safety passport or equivalent health and safety card
- First Aid
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
- Full-time position: Available immediately
- Hours: Various
- Salary Bracket: 43k – 55k (including overtime)
Guardian is committed to equality and diversity in employment and recruitment practices.
To apply for this job, please upload your CV here, or click Apply below to email it in.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.