On a routine site walkaround, the team was geared up for their usual tasks. Little did they know, they were about to witness something that would plunge them into blackness!
With a casual tug, the electrician opened a seemingly ordinary electrical riser cupboard door. Suddenly, an earth-shattering BANG💥echoed through the hallway, plunging the entire floor into darkness. That’s right, folks, you read that correctly – the door was all it took to turn the world upside down.
With the smell of electrical burning filling the air, the team worked hard to make sense of the chaos. Lights were out, alarms were blaring, and they found themselves in a real-life mystery.
Determined to get to the bottom of this electrifying enigma, they went to work. Testing circuits, checking sub-mains cabling, and scratching their heads, they desperately sought answers. But, alas, every test came back clear.
🔎The only clue they uncovered was all three 315A supply fuses had blown. It was clear – the problem was internal, lurking within the heart of the distribution board.
The mystery was unravelled. What they discovered inside was nothing short of astonishing. The distribution board’s internals bore tiny, scorching, and shorting marks, like battle scars from an electrical war.
What could have caused this chaos? The leading theory was almost bizarre as the incident itself. It was believed that miniscule bits of swarf from drilling or metal remnants from installation had been lying in wait, ready to wreak havoc the moment that fateful door swung open.
⚡In the world of electrical work, where every day is a new challenge, this tale stands out as a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As the electrician who witnessed this electrifying spectacle put it, “Never seen this before in 23 years, and probably will never see it again.”